Message #517

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Magic120Cell update and slashdot link
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:15:56 -0500

Hey guys,

Just a heads up that I uploaded a newer version of Magic120Cell. There is
some fine-tuning of mouse controls and a couple new ones, most notably the
new piece finder (info is on the help menu), as well as these other
improvements Melinda had suggested:

That’s it for now. This will be the official version (1+sqrt(5))/2 (the
golden ratio, which permeates the geometry of this puzzle).

cya,
Roice

P.S. Slashdot accepted a post about Magic120Cell last week, and the article
is at http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/05/13/1454243&from=rss if
you are interested to check it out. The traffic wasn’t nearly as heavy for
me as when MC5D was slashdotted, about a third of what I saw before. I
think that is likely because the post lacked the eye-catching word "Rubik",
but it still resulted in a huge boost in traffic (about 40K visitors, and
hopefully some new group members too). I’m attaching a couple of pics
showing how "the slashdot effect <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdotted>"
played out…