Message #372

From: Norbert Hantos <renslay@gmail.com>
Subject: Introduce myself
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:47:51 -0000

Hello everyone!

I’m Norbert Hantos from Hungary, and I solved the 3x3x3x3 a few days
ago, I’am so proud!

I’m 20 years old, student of the University of Szeged (learning
programming). My hobbys are the Rubik’s Cube (of course :) ), and
reading novels, especially fantasies. My favorit sport is badminton.

I can solve the 3x3x3 since years, but I decided only a year ago to
learning more, especially speedcubing. I saw the 3x3x3x3 before, but I
didn’t understand it… I am so glad that I decided to see it again!

My method is based on the 3-cycle blindfold solving of the 3x3x3:
making algorithms that moves only a few pieces (the algorithms created
with commutators, from normal 3x3x3 algorithms). I did the "centers"
(2 colored pieces): solving on two opposite sides, than solving the
remains like a normal 3x3x3 edges. After it, I permutated the
"corners" (4 colored) with 3-cycle algorithms and setups, then
oriented them in pairs. Then permutated "edges" (3 colored), like
corners, then oriented them.

The result: 9 hours, 1915 moves, without macros! So happy!

Now studing 2x2x2x2 and 5 dimensional cubes…