Message #329

From: dv8_rs <dv8_rs@yahoo.com>
Subject: 5^4 Record
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:36:57 -0000

Hey there again,

I just finnished altering my 5^4 solution with my new method. I didn’t
reduce the record by as much as I thought. However, it is important to
note that these solutions are completed in one shot, meaning I don’t
spend any time being really careful with these solutions and I
certainly don’t do multiple sequences/solves to see which one is the
shortests. All of the solutions I submit were just me sitting down and
solving the hypercubes again, but using some new ideas.

solution, the reason is that a macro is completly useless in my
method. Every move is simply a logical step to complete small parts of
the cube, bit by bit. Though you could say I use sequences, they are
certainly never used in the same way twice. The only sequences you may
recognize in this new solution to the 5^4 are the second 3-colour
sequence and the third 3-colour sequence (both of which I used only once).

Later,

Noel Chalmers