Message #292

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] New shortest 5^4 solution
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:42:13 -0700

Remigiusz Dukra wrote:
> […]
>
> I should note that he is only 17 years old.
>

> # ) I was 22 and now I’m 23. I’m so old :((((
>
> Hmmm. Michal Wizer is 18 now. Last year he also was 17…
> Maybe another cathergory? Age of person who solved his first hypercube.
> ( I remember when we find out that there are some woman in hall of fame…
> It is intresting how old are people from hall of fame ;-)

I would rather not create categories for things that people can not do
much about and also because the number of things people might find
interesting could become endless. This is one reason that I encourage
people to introduce themselves and tell us as many of these sorts of
things that they want to share.

> Melinda what about your time? Is there any chances for macros in windows
> version during next month?

I am taking this week as vacation so if I make any progress in the next
month it will be this week. I have been thinking about this a bit though
one problem is that I haven’t actually seen the macros UI in several
years and I don’t have access to a Linux machine to test against. I’ll
start bottom-up by translating some of the macro handling code into Java
but if one of you macro power-users would write a GUI spec for this that
would be great.

-Melinda