Message #265

From: Roice Nelson <roice@gravitation3d.com>
Subject: A few more MC5D updates
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:58:31 -0500

Hey guys,

I just posted our next update. Charlie added configurable face colors to
the user settings, and I got the 2^5 through 5^5 working again. To scramble
the 4^5 and 5^5, I had to add slice masks. I also switched the default
number of twists for a full scramble from 60 to 100.

For the 2^5, you can only do twists with the buttons since there are no
2-colored pieces. I haven’t spent any time trying to come up with some
other good puzzle-click based interface for that.

The slice masks act just like those in MC4D (hold down a number key or keys
to control the slice(s) twisted, and by default the first slice is
selected). This is a nice addition for the 3^5 puzzle too, and something I
would have liked while solving it.

That’s all for now. Take care everybody,

Roice