Message #233

From: Roice Nelson <roice@gravitation3d.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 5D Cube
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 01:02:11 -0500

Hey Denny,

There was some discussion about this very early on, I think before the yahoo
group existed. Two ideas I remember were:

(1) A physical cube you could hold, but which had electronic lights that
would change appropriately as you manipulated it. I’m not sure real twists
could be done with this, since some of the faces warp and change shape with
certain twists. So it might be limited to button pressing for twisting.

(2) Stereo vision and virtual reality. This might be the next best thing
to holding a real one. I mentioned the eDimensional glasses in my last post
(www.eDimensional.com). If you also had a virtual reality glove, you could
perhaps get a decent feeling of manipulating the puzzle like a real Rubik’s
cube.

Roice