Message #223

From: Melinda <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: a long time ago
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:03:00 -0000

Hello Denny,

Welcome Back. The features you are looking for are the slice masks.
Holding down any number key 1..N when you click will twist only the
slice the specified number of layers below the one you clicked on.
When no number keys are pressed the number ‘1’ is assumed. For
example, holding the ‘2’ key on the 3^4 puzzle will twist only the
middle slice. You can combine number keys which is why we call it a
mask. Holding both the ‘2’ and ‘3’ key when clicking on the 4^4 will
move both middle slices together which may be the operation you are
looking for.

Good luck solving the larger cubes!
-Melinda