Message #182

From: thesamer <thesamer@interia.pl>
Subject: 6x6x6x6
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:23:31 +0200

Hello to all!

Recently I asked Melinda about the cube 6x6x6x6…

I know that I can solve it (not in two weeks but in month spending a little time everyday….)

I don’t worry about my eyes because I can make picture as big as I want (let’s say the top face can by big as the whole screen). (I must finish my page with hypercubes and show my tricks ;))…

Complexity is big bacause of the number of stickers (1728).

The question is: "Is it worth to make that program for basicly two-three people (who manadged with 5^4)? Medlinda said that 5^4 cube was the last with new elements and as you solve this there’s no others challenges in 4D cubes. Yeaah , we know structure, algorithms on 4^4 and 5^4 that will work on 6^4 and give us solve but the chalenge is about complexity. As you know in production there are cubes from 2x2x2 to 5x5x5. But people want bigger cubes (it is human nature to challegnge with more and more complex problems;). So in this year there should be cubes 6x6x6 (http://www.olympicube.com/Pic4.jpg , http://www.olympicube.com/Pic1.jpg). There are some technicly problems in making cubes with big number of pieces on the edge but one company want to sale cubes to size 11x11x11). Here in 4D in program there are no difficulties to make higher cubes…

I would like to see cube 6x6x6x6. And solve it. But it will be long solving…(let’s say I leave it to lonely cold evenings :) ).

Why man landed on the Moon? Becuse: "We can"
Why to solve 6^4? Because : "We can"

Oh, and one thing: I would more happy to see 5D cube :)))))))))))

I must read what was written about 5D cubes on 4Dgroup…And I will try to write about my thoughts about it.

Now bye,
Remigiusz Durka