Message #143

From: "marc.guegueniat@libertysurf.fr" <marc.guegueniat@libertysurf.fr>
Subject: Newcomer
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 10:06:26 +0200

Hi Everyone,

I’ve just solved the 4D cube. (3^4)
I’m quite interested in.
I’m french, 23 and started studying the cube 4 years ago.
In fact, I started thinking about it with some friends without knowing you. After some hours of study we were able to see what we could do out of it.
We founded the 4 colors stickers, rotation of 3d faces…
Then another friend told he found a site about a 4D Cube (your site). I came and I got surprised.
I didn’t expected that the 4D rubik’s had already been developped.
But it was, and with a very good viewer program.

I had developed my own viewer program before. Since I didn’t have the time to implement 3D it was a 2D one!
Each of the 8 faces was described by two drawings (with two 2D drawings you can see a whole 3D cube).
To find the rotation matrices wasn’t too hard. finaly it worked good.
it was a bit hard to see but we were able to solve 4-moves scrambles and sometimes 5…

Having found your site, it was much more efficient to work on the cube.

this was 4 years ago.
But i didn’t solve the cube at this time.
i didn’t try the solution that is proposed.
It is because I prefer "layer-by-layer" solution (solving first row, then the second(middle) one, then the third one).
Since there was no. i decided to develop it by myself.
i wasn’t sure to achieve it…but now it is done!
Working from times to times i’ve been able to solve the cube by my own.
I have found all the necessary series of moves.

I would like to create html pages to describe it, which you could add to the site.

i’m not sure wether my solution should be shorter than the existing one (in number of moves).
I will try to check.

So, here is my story.
Any comments welcome!

Additionaly, i’m finishing an engineer school and my hobbies are rowing and table tennis.
Marc.
************************ ADSL JUSQU’A 8 MEGA + 3 MOIS DE TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
L’ultra haut débit à 15EUR/mois seulement ! Et vous téléphonez gratuitement en France vers les postes fixes,
hors numéros spéciaux pendant 3 mois.
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/ (voir conditions sur le site)