Message #89

From: Marius Mirea <mireammi@yahoo.com>
Subject: hello
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:22:30 -0700

Hello everybody. Sorry for introducing myselfe so late. I am not that much of an Internet comunity member; I do not surf the web very often, nor do I use the e-mail that much.But, as I undrestand, you do not speak to eachother every day either.
Here is how I came to solve the cube: about two and a half years back I became very interested in the three dimensional (classic) version of the puzzle. I began searching the web on the subject and colecting all the facts that seemed interesting. That is how I found your site. I was marveled of the ideea of the 4D cube and downloaded it. I played with it for a while, never solved it (I did not even know how to solve the 3D cube), and left it. After a while I wrote everithing I had on the cube, including your 4D reprezentation, down on a CD and left it there.
I found the CD about two months back (meanwile I learned how to solve the 3D cube), and I found on it the 4D cube. I began working on a solution, and in about three or four weeks I learnt how to solve it and came up with a couple of solutions.
Two weeks ago I begun to wonder if your site still existed, so that I could maybe get an 4^4 or 5^4 cube. That is how I found your site again and sent you the solution.
I am Marius Mirea, from Romania. I am 22 years old, I am a University student, and I liked the cube quite a bit (probably because I love mathemathics, although I am most certainely not an mathemathics geek as Melinda suggested:)).
That is my story. Keep in touch.