Message #10

From: David Vanderschel <DvdS@Austin.RR.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: [MC4D] Transparency
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 19:34:38 -0000

Date: Mon Apr 8, 2002 10:46 pm

— In MC4D@yahoogroups.com, Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@q…> wrote:

> > If you could make the outside hyperstickers transparent
> > (e.g. wireframe, so you could still tell they were there) this
> > would make the job easier, since the inside cubelets would then
> > be clearly visible. But then perhaps I’m just lazy :)
>
> > This only applies to the 4^4 and 5^4 since they have
> > substantial inner bits (2x2x2, 3x3x3) that need arranging.
>
> ah, ok. an no, you’re not lazy. your suggestion is extremely
reasonable.

> jay, would you please add jonathan’s suggestion to the wishlist?

It has been added. I agree – this is a really good idea. I don’t
think I would want to undertake the 5^4 version of the puzzle without
this change. Though I will point out again that you can improve the
usability of the larger puzzles dramatically by messing around with
some of the drawing parameters in the environment as I described in an
earlier message. At least for the time being….

I verified that I still can’t build a cleanly functioning X version of
the puzzle with the latest library. One day in my spare time, I’m
going to spend a day and track this down or rework the code to avoid
it. Unless someone else beats me to it, that is. :-)

                            Jay<br> --- End forwarded message ---